Functions of the Computer and Statistics Unit:
- To control and monitor computer network and devices in other departments and sections.
- To set specifications for computers, related equipment and application programs, in order to achieve high performance, cost-effectiveness and coordination among departments.
- To develop applications for other departments and train the staff to use it.
- To develop the intranet site, in addition to the follow-up and updating of the Internet website.
- To study frameworks with other departments in order to develop them and link them together, with a view to achieve integration and collaboration.
- To offer consultations and technical support to all departments and divisions.
- To cooperate with other government institutions in the information exchange field.
- To ensure the development of the performance of staff and to upgrade their previous levels in computer use.