The Electronic Equipments Engineering Section specializes in the following:
- Drawing up and implementing the time set programs for navigation electrical devices maintenance and the different communication devices.
- Supervising and monitoring the installment and operating and maintenance of the navigation devices.
- Drawing up and developing the precautionary measures for maintaining all the electronic devices.
- Drawing up and developing the procedures concerning the maintenance of the electronic devices and the required spare parts for them.
- Drawing up and developing the procedures concerning the maintenance of electronic devices, including full inspection and fixing and all the required modifications, and recording the performance of these devices and determining the necessary spare parts for them.
- Estimating the materials and spare parts required for the maintenance work.
- Drawing up the studies and specifications required for the navigation devices and monitoring its installations.
- Training and developing the engineers and technicians of the department and drawing up training programs in coordination with the concerned training authority in the Council.