The Climate Division has the following functions:
- To check and analyze climate-related information received from meteorological stations, and higher atmospheric layers.
- To conduct theoretical and applied research on climate-related data in order to examine phenomena resulting from climatic and weather changes.
- To prepare and maintain statistics, monthly and annual reports, and summaries related to weather, climate, and rising and falling tides; and save the same as electronic copies for future reference.
- To improve the methodologies, services, and applications related to climate information, so that it can be used in land planning, building designs, telecommunications, tourism, marketing, combating dryness, desertification, etc.
- To provide information and recommendations; and to issue climate-related publications for all government sectors as well as public and private businesses.
- To create an information bank that contains all climate-related publications on Qatar and the neighboring countries; and to keep meteorological records and maps using up-to-date techniques such that they are easily accessed for research purposes.
- To apply state-of-the-art methods related to management of data, information and archives; to use the most advanced statistical methods to study climate-related information; and to promote information and data related to climate and rising and falling tides.
- To take part in the application of all programs and projects implemented by international meteorological institutions through the QCAA programs, technical committees and workforces for the purpose of maintaining and analyzing climate-related information.
- To represent the State of Qatar in climate-related meetings and conferences.
- To train and qualify climate technicians and specialists.
- To conduct climate-related research in order to provide climate-related information to businesses in all sectors.
- To follow up ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) affairs with regard to meteorological services.
- To draw up an annual plan for training courses that aim to train and qualify employees and motivate national cadres to work in all-climate related domains in collaboration with the designated training institutions.
Click here to get Climate Information